K Lynn's K9s and Kitty Care
Dog Walking /Group Hikes
Free Run Group Hikes- Start at $ 35/ hike. Hikes go out Monday through Friday. Maximum 6 - 8 dogs/ free run hike.
Monthly packages starting at $ 410/month for 3 days a week hikes.
Group hikes are approximately 60-75 minutes in duration and about 1.5-2.5 miles in distance. Your dog will be out of the house between 2-4 hours total depending on location of hikes site and place in the pick-up route.
There are 2 group hikes per day Monday- Thursday. Pick-ups for the early hike are between 9 AM-12 PM and pick-ups for the later hike are 12-3 PM. On Friday there is one hike and the pick up is 9 AM-12 PM. The early hike hits the trail at about 11 AM and the later hike hits the trail at about 2 PM. Timings vary depending on weather and other factors.
Hike locations are: East Bay Regional Parks (Tilden and Sibley), Albany Bulb, Caldecott Playing Field Trails.
Minimum 3 days a week required. Clients who wish to do 2 days a week are considered on a case by case basis after booking a full month at 3 days a week.
To qualify for the off leash group hike at the $ 35/ hike price point your dog must:
1. Be under voice control. This means that when you give a recall command your dog responds affirmatively 80-100% of the time on the first call, even with distractions. When you give a cease and desist command your dog responds affirmatively 80-100% of the time on the first call even with distractions.
2. Be fully up to date on all shots and vaccinations.
3. Have no known leash reactivity, aggression or guarding issues (space food or toys).
4. Be calm and relaxed in a small space with other dogs for riding in a vehicle.
5. Get along with other dogs.
6. Be friendly or indifferent to ALL people. No exceptions. This means no “stranger- danger” barking.
7. Have no history of biting other dogs or people.
8. It is preferred that your dog is spayed or neutered.
9. Has low prey drive, or very good impulse control.
10. Be well socialized and familiar with and relaxed in the human world. Not reactive to strange things.
11. Has good leash manners (no pulling, lunging and barking at other people or dogs on leash)
Your dog can be allowed on the off leash group hikes at a higher price point if he or she needs sharpening of skills.
Your dog really doesn't know any commands, but knows it's name, and generally will stay by the handler on his or her own and does not wander away, chase other dogs or get into trouble.
Prior to going on off leash group hikes your dog must have a minimum of 2-3 private walks for evaluation and a mutual "get to know you" process.
If your dog has leash reactivity or aggression issues of any kind, private walks are available. Private walks can be utilized to address and correct issues that are problematic in group walks. Private walks can also simply be an alternative to group walks with no corrections needed.
Private walks- Start at $ 45/walk. $10/ for first additional dog per household. If there are more than two dogs, we discuss the rate. Approximately 1/2 hour, these are typically leashed neighborhood walks. Longer private walks are available if needed and requested. Pricing will vary.
Training walks- Start at $ 50 for 1/2 hour leashed walk with a specific training objective in mind (sit, stay, come heel etc. Circus tricks are an option if you are interested in that).
All walks include basic obedience reinforcement, towel and hose as needed, water refresh, administer medication if needed.
Cat Care and Other Critters
$ 35/ visit
Approximately 1/2 hour visit. Includes feeding, water, medication administration or care. Affectionate contact for animals who like it.
All services are + $10 for Saturday and Sunday service
Holiday service + $30